Low Intensity Drum Type
Dry Permanent Magnetic Separator
Low Intensity Drum Type Magnetic Separator
Principle of magnetic separator
• Stationary magnetic system and revolving outer drum
• Magnets provide alternating polarization
• Revolving on drum surface improves cleaning of collected material
• Drum transports magnetics to discharge where Non-magnetics is discharged through discharge spigots, ports or slots.
Strong, drums operate at a fixed rpm for superior magnetic protection in applications requiring a high degree of product purity.
Insmart Drum Separators effectively collect fine ferromagnetic and paramagnetic materials in ore treatment operations.
The permanent magnets make possible more efficient separation performance for a broader range of applications.
As material reaches the drum, the magnetic field attracts and holds ferrous particles to the drum shell.
As the drum revolves, it carries the material through the stationary magnetic field. The nonmagnetic material falls freely from the shell, while ferrous particles are held firmly until they are carried out of the magnetic field.
- Reliable magnetic separator commonly used in sponge iron plants for lab scale separation of sponge from the non-magnetics.
- The unit is supplied with ferrite magnets of low intensity upto 1000 gauss or as per customer requirement
Permanent Magnetic Drum Separators provide efficient separation and years of trouble–free automatic removal of magnetics from rock products, mineral and ores, sponge iron etc.