Planetary Milling Systems
For analytically pure and contamination free batch grinding of test samples in dry as well as in suspension from as large as 10 mm. particle size down to extreme end fineness. Most suitable for thorough mixing, homogenising, emulsifying and dispersing.
Principle of Operation
Grinding is carried out by high-energy frequent impact of balls.The energy level of balls are as high as 75 times (at max r.p.m.) the gravitational acceleration (75 g accelration). Thus, Insmart planetary system makes grinding extremely fast and efficient. Rotation of base plate provides the centrifugal force to the grinding balls and independent rotation of bowls ( in opposite direction) makes the balls to hit the inner wall of the bowls several times more, because of the short returned path. Since the bowls are rotating in opposite direction a considerable part of grinding is done due to friction.
- FINAL FINENESS: Less than 1 micron upto nano levels.
- CONTAMINATION: Analytical pure grinding.
- SPEED RATIO: 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 or 1:4 between sun disc and bowl system. bowl (user to select).
- HOMOGENIZING: Homogenizing is achieved by grinding - suitable for charging and removal in a glove continuous mixing during grinding process.
- Reproducible Grinding / Homogenizing.
- Permanently Lubricated Bearings.
- COOLING: An air exhaust system is provided to enhance inside the bowl while in operation. the grinding time. (ventilator)
- MAINTENANCE FREE: Systems is driven through a self- diagnostic type micro-controller based A.C. Frequency controlled drive, having various setting and indicating parameter.
- Machine can run uninterruptedly upto 10-12 hours.
- One Year Warrantee against any manufacturing Defects.
- RS 232 port.
- Continuous purging of inert gas, while grinding in single bowl system
- Special bowl set designed for inert / special atmosphere grinding - suitable for charging and removal in a glove box
- Special bowl set designed for low temperature operation (liquid nitrogen).
- Measurement of temperature and pressure of gas inside the bowl while in operation.
- Embedded Thermo-electric device for external cooling of bowls during grinding (cold air circulation)
- Sun Wheel effective dia PBM-07 240mm/ MBM-07 148mm
- Hardened Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Stabilized Zirconia (ZrO2-98%)
- Tungsten Carbide Lined
- Toughened Alumina
- High Density Polyethylene
- Bowl Capacities - 50 ml to 500 ml
- DOOR SENSOR: If door is not closed properly machine will not start.
- MOTOR OVER LOAD PROTECTION: The system is built in with self diagnostic, over load, high voltage and low voltage protection.
- VIBRATION DETECTION SYSTEM: Undesired vibration due to imbalance load is detected by a sensor to switch OFF the machine Automatically.
- DOOR LOCK: An electromagnetic automatic lock is provided, it locks the safety cover as soon as start command is given.
- Fault indication with audio-visual alarm.
Bowls & Balls Specifications
Bowls & Balls Photos