is a continuous device that utilizes centrifugal force to accelerate the settling rate of particles.
• For optimizing the parameters viz. diameter of apex, vertex and back pressure to get the desired cut for commercial operations Hydro-cyclone test rig is the ideal and energy efficient system.
• Cyclones made of abrasive resistant polyurethane material in the size range of 1” dia to 5” dia with relevant sizes of vertex and apex are available.
• Cyclone feed material should be having 1:3 solid liquid ratio.
Hydro-cyclone is one of the most important devices in the mineral industry; it is widely used in the mineral industry processing as a classifier, which has proved extremely efficient at fine separation size. Hydro-cyclone is widely used in closed circuit grinding operations but it also has many other applications, such as desliming, degritting, and thickening.
Altough the hydro cyclone by nature is a size controlling machine, the number of applications in mineral are many
• Classification in grinding circuits
• Dewatering and thickening
• Desliming and washing
• Enrichment of heavy minerals
Cyclone Test Rig is designed for laboratory testing of classifying various solids in a slurry.
When feed slurry enters the hydro-cyclone tangentially under pressure, as result of high centrifugal forces, particles coarser than the “cut point” size migrate into a primary vortex adjacent to the wall and move forward to discharge with a small volume of water via the spigot. Particles finer than the “cut point” size migrate into a secondary upward-moving vortex, along the axis of the hydro-cyclone and discharge with the majority of the water via vortex finder.
It is equipped with a 2 inch Cyclone, a new, larger 0.53 cubic meter tank sump, Pinch valve to regulate flow, internal piping and valves to circulate the slurry through the cyclone from the sump or to re-circulate the slurry, and a pressure gauge to monitor the pressure drop across the cyclone.
Equipment is conveniently mounted on a sturdy structural steel frame.
The 2 inch cyclone is also provided with 3 nos each of apex and vertex finders of suitable size for selecting the desired set for the required separation.